Sunday, February 04, 2007

A Day in Santa Fe-Market and Dinner








A different kind of flea market, but nevertheless, a market where one could spend an entire afternoon, without leaving the USA. Something by the name of "Jackalope."....hummm. I've seen pictures on postcards of these animals and they are pretty darn frightful. Someone had a wild imagination when putting the photos together to create such a pet! Anyway, here are a few of my finds of the day. There is an amazing array of items from all over the world on display in several buildings and also outside. Oh yes, the day ended at the Santa Fe Hilton, the Pinon Grill.......for dinner! Put this on your list of places to visit sometime!

9 comments:

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Santa-Fe is a place unto it's self! A wonderful place to wander.

Anonymous said...

Jann -
That looks like a fabulous market! I want those ornaments and the star thing hanging from the ceiling. What fab finds!

K and S said...

what a neat market! love all those beautifully colored glass containers!

wheresmymind said...

You and I would have such a fun time photographing marketplaces!

T.W. Barritt at Culinary Types said...

I haven't been to Santa Fe in years, but really enjoyed walking through the Old Town when I was thre. Your photos make me want to hop a plane to New Mexico!

Jann said...

I have never seen so many artists gathered in one town-this is an incredible area for creative buying-there is something for everyone!Wonderful eating establishments as well!

Unknown said...

Just lovely photos, Jann. We miss you when you are gone, but you always bring us a treat when you come home!

Love the cherub!

Anonymous said...

I lived in Pecos next t Santa fe for a few years. It is a delightful town! Colorful artist certainly, fantastic food! Best of all was the sense of calm I found there. Thank you for the walk down memory lane.

Katie said...

I love Santa Fe! I was first there many years ago with a geology club. It was still quite small with the Native Americans sitting on the sidewalks selling their wares.
We went back about 15 years ago - what a change but I loved it. Sigh....