Sunday, March 22, 2009

Let-us be creative!


Not only do the French have a gusto for food, presentation is right there next in line! Deciding on a centerpiece, according to Susan Loomis, should consist of no pressure and be fresh and enticing ~ how is this for enticement?
Susan concentrated on what was at hand and went from there. At an outdoor market located not too far from where we were cooking, Susan picked out some fresh herbs and tossed them along side this beautiful head of lettuce.To add a bit of color, she popped a few sweet grapes for contrast. Susan was able to turn something so simple into something spectacular with the wink of an eye ~ she constantly entertains a la Francaise. Now, my version was not as extensive, but I gave it a whirl and tried my hand with the raw ingredients at hand. My lettuce creation is the picture on the top. Try one yourself this Spring with all those beautiful green leaves from your garden.

7 comments:

deedee said...

That looks so Springful...what a good idea.

Joie de vivre said...

How beautiful! That makes a wonderful centerpiece! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your well wishes. I'm feeling slightly better today. :)

T.W. Barritt at Culinary Types said...

Nice! Love the contrast of different colors, and I'm sure it smells wonderful too, with the herbs!

Anonymous said...

An interesting and very unusual idea. I like it! :)

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

What a marvelous idea! I use a gathering of fresh herbs all summer but this gives me new territory!

L Vanel said...

I like, I like!

Christine said...

It's beautiful, Jann. I like to mix herbs with flowers from my garden. Next time I'll try adding some lettuce. :)